|10 Jun, 2023|
What: Take on an epic challenge this year by taking part in Alzheimer’s Society’s Trek26, a series of 13 and 26-mile treks in eight breathtaking locations across the UK. Whether experiencing the capital like never before as you take on the trek around London or exploring the rural landscape of the Cotswolds as you trek through ancient woodlands, wildflower meadows and historic stone villages, there’s a trek for everyone. You’ll join hundreds of people walking to stop dementia in its tracks.
Trek26 Lake District
Trek for loved ones, and raise money to support people devastated by dementia. Experience the beauty of Ullswater lake surrounded by towering fells and the powerful Aira Force waterfall. The 26 mile route will start and finish at Dalemain Mansion & Historic Gardens, CA11 0HB. The 13 mile route starts at Patterdale Cricket Club, King George 5th Playing Field, Patterdale, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 0PJ.
Why: It’s never been more important to unite against dementia. There are currently 900,000 people living with dementia in the UK with someone developing it every three minutes. This number is set to rise to over 1 million by 2025, with many millions more carers, partners, families, and friends affected.
Alzheimer’s Society is the UK’s leading dementia charity, working tirelessly to challenge perceptions, fund research and improve and provide care and support. Too many are facing dementia alone without adequate support. It is only with the generous help of supporters that Alzheimer’s Society can carry out its urgent work to be there for those who need it most.
When & where:
- 3 June 2023: London
- 10 June 2023: Lake District
- 1 July 2023: Brecon Beacons
- 15 July 2023: Cotswolds
- 22 July 2023: North York Moors
- 12 August 2023: Peak District
- 2 September 2023: Stonehenge
- 9 September 2023: South Devon Coast
What’s included when you take on a Trek26?
- A friendly team to support you every step of the way with fundraising tips and ideas.
- Bespoke training plans put together by our professional training coaches.
- A fully supported route including regular rest stops with snacks, drinks and toilets.
- Free breakfast, lunch and hot drinks included.
- Trek leaders and medical support.
- A medal and glass of bubbly on finishing the route!
Website: Sign up or find out more at alzheimers.org.uk/Trek26
You must log in to post a comment.