Sound Walk September 2021
Listen to stories, get closer to nature, travel to far away places, immerse yourself in different cultures, add your voice, record the ambience, and learn how to make sound walks.
Sound Walk September is the yearly global festival celebrating sound walks.
Despite the ongoing pandemic, we had more then 150 events and pieces submitted to Sound Walk September 2021.
Part of Sound Walk September 2021 was Sound Walk City · prelude, a festival of sound walks, performances and sound works, coinciding with Sound Walk September 2021, organised by Cona, and entered on the capital of Slovenia, Ljubljana.
The festival is in the past, but you can still listen to the stories, get closer to nature, travel to far away places, immerse yourself in different cultures, add your voice, record the ambience, and learn how to make sound walks.
What was this all about? Check our FAQ and learn about what is a sound walk.
All sound walks created after September 30 the previous year, and all events occurring in September, are eligible for the Sound Walk September Awards. Read up on the judging criteria.
Sound Walk September 2021 in numbers:
- 94 eligible walking pieces for the SWS Awards.
- 64 events organised by the global community.
- Started a new series of writing competitions, the first of which received 124 submissions from 109 participants.
- We had contributions from all non-arctic continents.
- On the ground events in Ljubljana.
- 2 winners, 2 honourable mentions, 13 shortlisted works.
Achievements from throughout the year:
- At the end of 2021, our library of walking pieces contained over 500 works.
- We’ve started a weekly curated mailing list on MailChimp, migrated it to Sendy, and, at the end of 2021, had just short of 600 subscribers, with opening rates of around 50%.
- We’re now offering paid supporting memberships, which is supporting our work with badly needed funds.
- We grew registered memberships to over 2500 individuals.
Help was had
We’re very happy with the help from Benedetta Piccio and Margo Nsana.
Benedetta had a focus on customer relations. Margo helped out with social media management, and design.
|1 - 30 Sep, 2021|
|Media pack, 19 Aug 2021|
|Sound Walk City · prelude|
|Media Pack with winners and honourable mentions, 17 Jan 2022|
You must log in to post a comment.