|ICS/ICAL · gcal|
|Meeting room available to ticket holders shortly before the event.|
|Tickets 3 - 5 euros|
Clara Gari, artist, researcher, curator and cultural manager, organises the yearly Grand Tour, a 300 km, 3 week, walking trip that walkers take with artists and activists from all disciplines, sciences and expertises.
The journey has walking, art, and territory as its main guidelines. Through these, and as the days go by, we build an ephemeral nomadic community. Moving as a caravan, we walk, live, create and discover together.
Each trip is different and unique, and although it is guided by some practical rules, its most authentic reality can only be unveiled by walking because only by doing so the journey is made real.
Join Clara Gari, and moderator Geert Vermeire, on a discussion on the merits, challenges, achievements, and more, of walking as a collective experience.
When on a grand tour, Clara has realised that their main allies are:
- The body and mind of each walker, where this adventure played out physically, emotionally and mentally.
- The hosts that welcomes us and show us their secrets.
- Time, conceived as an organic and mental place “to be”, rather than a line to pass by.
- Our capacity for empathy and our ability to integrate anything which the days may bring.
- Our openness to surprise and the ability to flow.
- Artistic creation as the yeast and the dough, mixing ourselves within the world.
- Our belonging to the landscape, instead of our possession of it.
Grand Tour draws an enormous spiral in the land. Every journey starts where the previous had ended. During the pandemic in 2020 we walked from Tarrega to Farrera in the Pyrenees and in 2021 we will go from Farrera to Val d’Aran.
Participate in our online café and learn about the Clara’s vision for how walking together unveils an authentic reality.