| 2022-06-07 18:00|
|Free for supporting members!|
| Claire Hind Cafe video recording|
Only available to registered users.
Claire Hind will discuss her walking arts practice and its relationship to performance of the Uncanny. From the surrealist audio series 22:24, to her Vallie Export inspired stills ‘to the rocks’, where she wraps her body to mould the shape of boulders and glacial erratics.
Asserting that playfulness is both an attitude and a state of mind, Claire maintains that sustaining a belief in play is an integral part of a creative process; an uncanny experience of imagination that stirs the senses and gives meaning to teaching and learning in profound ways.
Free the imagination, stir the senses; walk to write transcendental experience.
Recent work of Claire’s includes the surrealist audio series 22:24 Walking Stories of the Uncanny audio vignettes on the themes of Walking and Resilience, Walking and Transcendence, Walking and Following, Walking and Rehearsing, Walking and Meandering. Set in international locations where correspondents, in 2021, followed Claire’s walking scores as inspiration for this surrealist series.
- Episode Walking and Resilience – Xiamen to Shapowei – walked by Bill Aitchison
- Episode 2 Walking and Following – The Larapinta Trail, starting somewhere close to Alice Springs – walked by Anna Dakin
- Episode 3: Walking and Transcendence – The Island of Andøya, Norway, situated 300 KM inside the Arctic Circle – walked by Nikoline Spjelkavik and Victoria Røising
- Episode 4: Walking and Rehearsing – Chicago, Wicker Park to Downtown – walked by Mark Jeffery
- Episode 5 Walking and Meandering – York, a street named Gillygate – walked by Gary Winters and Claire Hind.
You must log in to post a comment.