| 2023-09-25 19:30|
|ICS/ICAL · gcal|
|Meeting room available to ticket holders shortly before the event.|
We want to uncover the forgotten or not yet revealed walking compositions – will you help us in our detective work as we search through archives and make connections with walking artists, performers and writers across the globe?
Can you help us grow the walk · listen · create archive, with details of walking pieces, and works about walking, that may have lain dormant for many years? We are also keen to reach out beyond the traditional territories, to make connections with walking creatives across the globe.
When we search archives using “walking art” or “sound walk” as search terms, how many of the results fall within our existing definitions, and how many are new to us, and of their creators, how many have continued to make walking art? Try it yourself – pick a popular cultural or heritage institution or online database, to see what you find, and share it with us.
Walking Detectives are researching:
- contemporary writers in the USA who are writing about walking, as well as checking into some new walking art initiatives.
- Chinese artists who are still making walking work despite the restrictions there
- sound walks, sound artists and how radio has interpreted walking art
- Australian walking artists and how their work has been exhibited
- walking and journaling
- essentials for carrying your own kit
We would welcome your suggestions and discoveries, so do come and join this Walking Detective meet-up.
Following each meet-up, we will be publishing blog posts about what we’ve discovered.