After a very successful Sound Walk September 2020, we’re very excited to announce this year’s shortlist for the winners of the Sound Walk September 2020 Awards.
Over the next few weeks, you’ll be able to read, in more detail, the background of each of the shortlisted works, right here. Then, later this year, the SWS Advisory Board will decide on the winners and honourable mentions, taken from the shortlist.
Without further ado, the shortlist of the Sound Walk September 2020 Awards (in alphabetical order):
- A different LENS (UK)
- Bath Workhouse Burial Ground: Walking the names (UK)
- Drifting to Third Ward (US)
- Exeter Sound Walks (UK)
- Home Maker Sounds (UK)
- I Don’t Remember Me The Rain (Belgium)
- SandBox (Slovenia)
- Shadow-Walks (at home) (US)
- The 42 walks of Contención Island (UK)
- The Ears May Travel (Germany)
- The Last Eccentrics of Greenwich Village (US)
- The Texture of Air (UK)
- Ver de ouvir ao caminhar (Brazil)
We are aware that some of the members of the Advisory Board, and some of the team behind walklistencreate.org are involved with some of the platforms on which some of the shortlisted works are built. We’ve got processes in place to ensure the objectivity of the decision making process.
Winners and honourable mentions will be announced in an online ceremony in mid-January. Stay tuned.